Saturday, September 19, 2015

racing Maxim

Date
Place of exercise
50 m free style
50 m breaststroke
5 laps, free style
250 m
Start time
18 Sep
Ridge Pool
47.74, 47.99
1:14.70

17:45
19 Sep
Ridge Pool
45.57

4:43.44
11:30

These days were certainly the last at the Ridge pool because they are closing it to family swimming today. Adults can still come to do laps, as I understand it. On the 18th, I took Maxim there after he returned from school.  We raced a few times. 
The 50 meter free style races were VERY tight.  Probably less than 1 second between us.  I won both times.  The second time, I looked over to see him do the flip turn—he said he got tired.  Now the breast stroke, he was a couple seconds faster than me.  I could actually see him during this race and as much as I tried, I could not match his pace. 

            I was super excited that he was willing to race, AND that he won. The next day, he was not interested in racing.  But we did take the cribbage board to the Steven’s Center for lunch.  We played a good game and he won that one as well.  Maybe I’ll make a cribbage player out of him yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment