Sunday, June 18, 2017

Critical mass

Fire jugglers, dancing fountains. These are a couple things that gave Kiev some life last night. I think the boys, and their mother, are going to love it here. Not only are there 5 times as many people as in Tirana, but there is a critical mass that creates an explosion that means all kinds of activities can survive.



I'm thinking that I will be able to find many people for my storytelling events. I did two in Tirana, but the community of English speakers who want to tell stories is a bit small. The people also have to be committed to storytelling, so good weather won't lead them out of the city at the last moment.

The picture below is in the courtyard between my apartment that I rented for four days and the metro. I can't tell the purpose, but isn't that the cool thing? Does there have to be a purpose besides self interest and cool stuff?


In the same area was this seemingly dead tree that is being held up by wires. There are fake flowers that were cut from plastic water bottles.




Here are several sheep and a cat/dog.


This is an elephant trunk sticking out of the side of a building.



Here is one fountain of a couple dozen dancing to classical music:




Here are three of the fire dudes:








No comments:

Post a Comment