Tuesday, January 2, 2018

December 31, 2017

Ultimate Frisbee was fabulous today! We had nine people, but the teams were fairly evenly matched. Here is a photo of the players:


My apartment can be seen in the upper right of the photo. All players are mostly American. One guy lived in France for the first 18 years of his life, but he is now in the US Army. 

Then we went for breakfast. Here is a portion of the menu:


Gotta love that American breakfast. We can't live without our pepsi, can we?

The day before, I had eaten some delicious soup prepared by a friend. She showed me one of the vegetables that she used for seasoning:



I didn't recognize it, and when I translated the Russian word into English, I said, "What?!? Can't be!" I asked my family if anyone could identify it, and I predicted correctly that if anyone would know, it would be my sister-in-law. She correctly identified it as the root of celery.

Image result for celery

No comments:

Post a Comment