Sunday, January 10, 2016

Less pain

Date
Place of exercise
Duration
Classic Sprint
Pull ups
Start time
10 Jan
Park
21 Min
1:05.94
5,5
11:00

          My first run of 2016. The great thing is that my back is not sore and my shoulder has no pain.  I did yoga before running, and I even did some pushups without a problem. My body is feeling so good, in fact, that I am seriously considering joining the Ultimate Frisbee game this Wednesday.
          My only problem now is my legs.  I know, I hate to be complaining all the time, but that is the state of affairs I am in.  My legs are sore to the point that I cannot sprint without feeling them pulling and complaining at every step.  I used to remark about the embarrassment I felt as I am sprinting up the hill in the park.  I would feel that any observer of my run would remark to themselves how slow I was running.  Ha!  That was when I was running 15-20 seconds faster than I am running now! I don’t feel embarrassed anymore—just sorry for myself.  Not really.
          I called the physical therapist at the clinic to set up an appointment for discussion about my legs. I have seen her several times for my shoulder injury, and at the same time, asked her about doing yoga and stretching my legs. The only definite thing she has said about my legs is that I have better flexibility than most people my age.  Well, flexibility won’t do me any good if it doesn’t translate into ease of running.
          I noticed, as I started to write up this entry, that my last post was a month ago. That is the longest break between postings in this entire blog. I was in Moscow for a large part of this period—17 days.  I didn’t go running there at all. I didn’t have many running clothes, I didn’t want to make many dirty clothes so I wouldn’t have to wash them, and part of the time, the temperature was below zero Fahrenheit. Those are all excuses, of course, because if I really wanted to run, I would have. 
          The real problem was that my body was sore. I was giving it some time to heal.

          

No comments:

Post a Comment