Monday, November 18, 2013

Death to the punt













Words:  187; audio

            The duration of the run is broken up into three sections because it took 30 minutes to run there, 20 minutes to run back to a friend's place, and then 15 minutes to run home. I left the house/apartment at 6:55 and ran downtown to where the dynamic meditation is held. 
It was fun.    At one point, I peeked under my bandana (that I was using as a blindfold) and saw truly insane-looking people.  But they were insane only from a conventional standpoint.  I felt completely comfortable there…does that mean that I am insane?  Maybe.

            The highpoint of the young morning so far was the podcast that I listened to.  It was Hang Up and Listen from Slate.  It’s a sports podcast, and their first guest was a high school football coach who never punts and kicks and onside kick EVERY kickoff.  His ideas are totally sensible and his stories were hilarious.  I was literally laughing out loud while running in the middle of the sidewalk.  The people around me might have thought I was insane.  It really is worth a listen.  Here is a small bit about throwing the ball around before a kickoff, and about punishing his quarterback.




Listen to the whole show at the link below.  The no punting story is the first story.

No comments:

Post a Comment