Thursday, November 28, 2013

Stair climber




















Words:  242

25 Nov
            Someone told me that you have exercise for 40 minutes before you get the benefits of endorphins. So, just as I was about to finish the run after 30 minutes, I extended for 10 more. Of course, this is the 'finish' in only one sense. I still needed to do a final set of 11 pull-ups and the 16 flights of stairs.
 I’m not sure if the endorphin rush was any greater than usual.  A sample size of 1 does not an experiment make.

27 Nov
            The first covering of snow.  Everything is really wet, so I don’t feel like going out and tromping around and freezing my toes.  I ran up and down the stairs.  As I was finishing the first run up the stairs, I was sure that I had a record.  About 1 second below the top, my watch began to beep.  It was one of the alarms I set to wake up.  (I don’t know why I still do this.  I have not needed an alarm in 20 years.)  When I reached the top, I pushed the button on the watch.  BUT, since the alarm was beeping, that button push served only to quiet the alarm—it did NOT stop the timer.  So when I tried to see my world record performance, the numbers were still moving.  Ahhh!

29 Nov

            The stairs again.  THIS time, I achieved a record and I got the time.  1:13.67.  A new goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment