Thursday, February 26, 2015

colder than a Moscow dip in January


Date
Place of run
Duration (min)
Push-ups
Pull-ups
Start time
23 Feb
To M. Theresa
39
25,25
17,15
22:12





            Saturday night.  My body was sore all over.  I wanted to give myself some time to heal, so I made zero sprints.  I didn’t even time the trek at the spots where I usually sprint.  A close observer will see that I did this run after 10 in the evening.  This was because the weather forecast called for rain beginning at midnight.  I wanted to get the run in so I wouldn’t get wet.
       
     The run at night allowed me to use the entirety of the next day to plan my lessons for the week.  Since I have begun to substitute at another school, in addition to the English classes I teach, I have precious little time during the week to plan.  Therefore, on Sunday, I went to school before 10 o’clock and started working.    

            I had gone hiking this day with a group of hikers.  People would ask me, “Where are you going?”  I had no problem saying that I didn’t know at all.  Below are come pictures of the trip, including some swimming.  After we finished hiking, we stopped for a fire and some people cooked some food.  I saw one guy take his boots off and wade in the river nearby. 
            “This is the greatest healing method,” he said. “I’ve had a sprained ankle for weeks.  This is the best cure.” 
            At this spot, the river was only about one foot deep.  “I’d go swimming,” I said, “if the water was deeper.”  I went looking around, and sure enough, not far away was a pool of water where I could see the bottom some 8 feet below.  Now I had to do it. 
            I asked Mr. Miracle Cure if he would hold my clothes and take a picture.  He would.  I think it was colder than the проруб in Moscow last winter. This was probably because last year, I had a long time to prepare myself for the plunge through the hole cut in the ice.  Today, as soon as I was prepared, I dove right in—partly out of modesty and partly because there was no need to dawdle.  There also were no other participants.  
           

            I’m posting this on Thursday of the next week.  Last night, I enjoyed a game of Ultimate Frisbee.  The enjoyment was greatest at the time, of course, because now I am hurting quite a bit.  My gluteus maximus give me a great deal of discomfort.






air temp--35 degrees F

No comments:

Post a Comment