Sunday, November 29, 2015

Cross-fit


Date
Place of exercise
Duration
One lap
Classic Sprint
Pull ups
Start time
20 Nov
Pool in Tirana
28 min
49.32


07:02
21 Nov
Ridge Gym
40 min



10:15
28 Nov
Park
22 min

1:02.23
5,11,5
11:45

          Friday, 20 November, I swam in the morning.  I went to the pool in conjunction with the high school swim team so the coach could have another pair of eyes on the swimmers. I may try to be with them often and be sort of a coach. 

          After they left the pool at 7:00, I swam a few laps.  I did a sprint lap and finished in 49 seconds. It was a 50 meter distance.
          The next day, I joined some people who live at the embassy Ridge residence compound for some intense cross-fit exercises.  This was a tough workout, and quite fun.  It was fun just because there were other people around.  There were about 7 of us. We lifted some weights, did pull-ups, push-ups, upside down push-ups, and also abdomen exercises.  Today, Monday, my body is feeling it (as it did yesterday).  I did yoga today and it felt great. 

          I spent the week in Paris. I didn’t do much exercise, just some yoga and work with the stretchy band in the morning and at night.  We did a lot of walking, but I still don’t feel that walking gives me much of a work out.
          Yesterday, Sunday, I ran in the park. It had been raining, so everything was terribly muddy and I stayed mostly of the sidewalk. I slogged through the sticky muck only once, on the way to the pull up bar.  There were two guys already there, and I snuck in between their workouts. I was a bit exhilarated and I did 11 pull ups.  I used a small body boost only twice

          The sprint was a disappointment. As I began, I felt like my legs were feeling better. Not truly ‘good’ yet, but better.  As I skirted around a car that was pulling out, and dodged the puddles all over the pavement, I was thinking that I would achieve a sub-60 second finish, if not even as low as 55 seconds.  Didn’t happen.  I’m mentally composing a message to the doctor who prescribed me the cholesterol medicine, Atorvastatin. I am going to tell him that I stopped taking the stuff during the first week of November, and the reasons, of course. I’ll also ask how long it takes for the effects to disappear. I’m still not sure if it is really the medicine that brought the muscle pain, or something else.  

No comments:

Post a Comment