Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Pool, bike, run What does that sound like?


Date
Place of exercise
Duration
Dips
Classic Sprint
Pull ups
Start time
30 Nov
Stela Pool Tirana
19 min


17:15
2 Dec
Park
22 min
5
56.67
5, 11
11:55

          On the 30th, I joined Maxim and his teammates at the pool.  The unfortunate part was riding my bike 45 minutes out to the pool and back. It wasn’t physically demanding, but it took a long time, and it was dangerous.  By the time I came back, it was full-on darkness.  The lights on my bike made it less dangerous, but I’m not sure if it is
something I want to do often.  They are going out there again tonight, but I have a lesson at 5:30, so I would have to leave very soon after they start.  I’m not sure I will go out there.

          The swimming on the 30th was sore. I’m not sure why. I went back and forth a few times, trying to do the strokes in the correct manner.  My shoulder, which has been the most difficult problem for several months is nearly as comfortable as the rest of the body. Does that mean that I am healed?

          On December 2, I rode out TIS, the boys' school.  It took about 40 minutes. The topography is quite varied between here and there, so it was a tough slog at times.  On the way back, I was able to vary the route enough so that I rode through the park along the classic sprint path. I locked my bike at the bottom, and ran up the hill. I pushed it and succeeded in making a time less than 60 seconds. Now, a year ago, this would not have been a big deal. But now, it is a major milestone on the way back to good health. Of course, I hadn’t been running before this sprint, so my success may be due merely to the fact that I had a lot of energy.  At any rate, I enjoyed my success

Last night, my legs hurt quite a lot. This may be due to the large amount of biking I have been doing lately: the pool on Monday, the school on Wednesday. Yoga this morning was a 5 out of 10 in terms of painfulness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment