Sunday, June 24, 2012

farewell Panora



Today may have been my last run in Panora.  Sold the house…moving stuff out.  I was able to visit a couple people who I have gotten to know around the lake.  In the fall, I accosted one guy who was always watering his lawn; I asked him if he really needed to do all that watering.  I was implying that he was wasting water. He was the right person to talk to because he was not only NOT wasting water, but he has used geo-thermal heating for 30 years, he knows all about recycling, and he doesn’t believe humans are changing the climate because he actually KNOWS about it.  He schooled me in the waste of energy.
I stopped by his house during my run, his wife got him out of bed by telling him that James Martin has sold his house and he’s come by to say good-bye.  He’s one of the most interesting, knowledgeable, accomplished people I know.
About the running…I remember when I used to think that a 60-second sprint up the hill near our house might be out of reach.  Today, I think the two respites I enjoyed talking to people during the run may have super-charged me at the end.  I ran less than one second off the pace of my fastest time (of 54.80 on the 15th of May).  I didn’t feel like I was running fast.  I guess I am used to the speed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment