Sunday, July 29, 2012

two records!! Cheating? Not reeeeeealy.





Sunday morning.  60 something degrees.  Super!  I wanted to see if I could run faster on the 1/4 mile if I was more fresh rather than after I’d already run 10 minutes like usual.  I rode my bike to the track and began my run with the 1/4 instead of running it in the middle.  I did run faster!!!  I got my best time.  But still not 75 seconds.  I used to have 75 seconds as my goal, but now I’m try for 80 seconds.  Terribly slow, but it will have to be sufficient.  When I began the 1/4 mile, I felt the familiar lightness of the feet like they were skimming over the surface.  By the time I was done, though, I was feeling the old cement shoes-trick.
I ran back to the house where I could run the final sprint to my driveway.  As I was running, I could feel myself pushing but I didn’t feel  like I was doing anything great.  I did, though.
I began by listening to the Wait, Wait Don’t Tell Me podcast.  It was especially good.  Usually when Mo Rocca is one of the guests, he is the funniest of the three.  This time, however, there was a new British dude who stole the show.   I was walking around the track in preparation for my run and there was another guy walling the opposite direction.  Some meters before we met, he had to hear me laughing like a walrus.

No comments:

Post a Comment