Tuesday, June 24, 2014

blowing air like an air compressor

Date
Celsius °
(C*9/5)+32=F
Place of run
Duration (min)
Loop
9 flights
start time
 June 19
≈ 8
Moscow
≈28
1:15.04
34.10
08:05

Words:  160

Oh, man! What a let down!  .04 seconds slower than my goal. About 30 meters from the end, I consciously put more effort into my stride. If I'd have done that 50 meters from the finish, or even 40 meters, what would have been the result?  And what about 100 meters? Or at the start of the sprint? 


Now that makes no sense at all. This is how runners, especially sprinters, may take on some interesting physical characteristics. I remember when I was in high school, at the beginning of the 400-meter low hurdles, as I took off, I was blowing air out of my lungs; actually making a sound like an air compressor filling the tires of a bicycle.  Along the track stood some female high school students who promptly broke out laughing when this short little dude in a decidedly UN-hurdler like body started puffing like a 6-year-old trying to blow out birthday candles. Of course, my adolescent self was mortified.



Date
9 flights
22 June
34.60

No comments:

Post a Comment