Monday, June 2, 2014

nature calls

Date
Celsius °
(C*9/5)+32=F
Place of run
Duration (min)
start time
27 May
≈ 20
Nizhenskaya,Moscow,
≈35
05:49


Words: 178

            I ran along a river nearby.  I didn’t do any sprints because I want to give my legs and all some more healing. 
            99% of the time I’m running, I’m listening to something on my iPod.  Sometimes, I think that I am missing out on nature.  Today, while listening to Sarah Jones give a TED talk that sounds more like a stand-up routine.
  I guess there were enough breaks in the talk that I heard the frogs and birds.  How lovely!  They were all around me, and their lustful exaltations were invigorating. 

            Sunday night in Gorky Park, I heard a bird singing and chattering.  He sounded like a teen ager trying to disrupt history class in the back of the room.  It was a nightingale.  I'd never knowingly heard this bird before.  How amazingly delightful!

Blue-Throated Nightingale

(The makers of Windows Movie Maker have 'improved' their product to such a degree that I can't figure out how to use the new version.  I may have something to do with the fact that all the instructions are in Russian.)


No comments:

Post a Comment