Sunday, July 27, 2014

setting goals

Date
Celsius °
(C*9/5)+32=F
Place of run
Duration (min)
Sets of 12 pull-ups
Dewey sprint
start time
 July 26
≈ 21
Johnston, Iowa
≈43
2
56.94
07:22

I’m amazed at the human body.  A new way to give myself a compliment is not my goal with such a statement.  I’ve just been thinking about the resilience and the elasticity of the body.  Whenever I come to a place for a time, I try to find a section of road or track that I can run in about 60 seconds, and a one-minute sprint is my goal while I am in that area.  In my experience, I am able to run closer and closer to this goal, usually reaching it. 
Last summer, I chose a path on the way to Dewey Park here in Johnston, as the place for my sprint.  It’s a bit of asphalt that winds around the back of a few houses.  On the 6th of August, 2013 I made the trek in 59.18 seconds.  I had reached my goal.  THIS summer, when I got back to Johnston, my legs and body were in less than ideal condition.  So…when I achieved times of 1:07 or 1:03, I thought I should set my goal at 60 seconds.  I had forgotten that I had already broken one minute last year.  One day, I thought I would have to forgo the running/sprinting habit for a couple weeks in order to let my body rest up. 

Anyway, as you can see from the recent results, I have bettered last summer’s mark on four occasions.  I guess I am becoming accustomed to putting more effort into my sprints.

No comments:

Post a Comment