Friday, November 7, 2014

delicious agony

Date
Place
Duration 
Long sprint (downhill)
6 flights
Push-ups
Time
1 Nov
River
31 min
59.89
21.49
25
07:29

     Lately, I have finished the sprints in a state of deliciously agonizing exhaustion.  As I walk down the median, I am literally gasping for air while my whole body cries out for life-giving oxygen.  Not only my legs are screaming, but even my arms.  When I first noticed that my arms were sore, my initial emotion was ecstasy.  I was thrilled!  It meant that I was pumping my upper extremities to such state that they were getting a real work out.  Only right now am I thinking that this stress may have something to do with the 25 push-ups I finished 55 seconds before beginning the sprint.  

     Regardless of the cause, I was pleased as punch to feel the pain that comes from work.  Today, I was doubly enthused because I could leisurely walk all the way down the median because I had achieved my goal of 60 seconds with 11 one-hundredths of a second to spare.

Date
Place
Duration 
Push-ups
Time
2 Nov
Along Kavaja away from town
32 min
25
08:00

     This was my day of rest.  A Sunday, right after a Saturday (of course).  I did not do any sprints or pull-ups and only one set of push-ups.  I am paying homage to my slightly older body.  I’ve decided not to stress it out constantly everyday.  I’m still running 4 days per week, but I won’t push it to the limit out of a sense of duty.  

Date
Place
Duration 
Long sprint (downhill)
6 flights
Pull-ups
Push-ups
Time
4 Nov
M. Teresa
35 min
59.66
20.89
15
25,25
09:09
Date
Place
Duration 
Pull-ups
Push-ups
Time
6 Nov
M. Teresa
35 min
15
25,25
09:05

     This Saturday, there will be a 5K run around the lake.  Today, I decided to take it easy with no sprints.  My joints were feeling the slightest bit tough.  I will run with my oldest son, which will be a thrill.


No comments:

Post a Comment