Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Two face plants in two weeks

Date
Place
Duration 
Long sprint (uphill)
Pull-ups
Long sprint (downhill)
6 flights
Time
25 Nov
Rruga
Kavaja
39 min
1:07.09
15
58,86
30.97
07:35

Date
Place
Duration 
Time
23 Nov
Along the river Lana
35 min
13:15

     Yeah, I went running today.  Unfortunately, I stumbled for the second time in two weeks.  Not just stumbled, but actually fell down flat on the ground.  Last week, I was running alongside the sidewalk cutting across the ‘park’ outside of Taiwan.  At the time, the sidewalk was full of people so thought
I’d just step off the pavement onto the grass.  After about 20 feet, I stepped in a whole of some kind and BAM!  So I committed to staying on the sidewalks turning and  slowing down.
      Today, I was running along the river with NO ONE on the sidewalk.  As luck would have it, all was going splendidly until…I ran over  the remains of a light pole or something.  As I ran over the unseen studs or bolts sticking up about an inch, my foot kicked one firmly and BAM!  down again.  iPod to the ground, ear phones ripped out of my ears, hands scuffed on the concrete—I even hit my lip on the ground.  I picked up the iPhone and set everything correct. I had already been running for 35 minutes so I walked.  I walked for bit and then decided to set up my listening pleasure.  I realized I couldn’t read the words.  My glasses!!!  Now it’s very good that there is no one on the sidewalk.  But, by some devil-inspired coincidence, I walk back and just ahead of me, a biker lifts his wheel and begins on the sidewalk.  He drives by the spot of the accident and runs over my glasses!!!!  Not really.  That image did, however, enter into my mind.  
      Luckily, my glasses were safely to the side in the grass.  I repaired one joint beside a lens by bending it back a bit; but I didn’t want to bend it back all the way because it might break.  So, I bent the arm itself a bit so it would sit against my head with comfort and stability.  Now there are a bit whacked, but it gives them some character.


Ah,Tirana.

No comments:

Post a Comment