Friday, April 10, 2015

bike slam

Date
Place of run
Long Sprint downhill
Duration (min)
Start time
10 Apr
Kavaja to
M. Teresa
1:27.34
32
22:01





            I haven’t been running for nearly two weeks because I’ve been sick and I’ve been sore.  As I was talking to a friend in Moscow last night, I realized that this morning was supposed to be the morning when I would be ready to run again.  Last night, I got home and realized that I had forgotten my bike in the parking area under the office.

            Well, rather than leave my bike at the office all night, I decided to run in the evening, and then grab the bike on the way home.  I thought that I would get going before 10 o’clock.  I looked down at my watch—I had 4 minutes.  So I scurried around and found my clothes. 
            As I began to run, my muscles ached.  The tired old hamstrings were pulling again.  I veritably stumbled up the Long Sprint.  Then I went over behind the buildings where I customarily perform my pushups.  On the third pushup, I realized that my shoulder was still aching from the diving score I made during the Ultimate Frisbee match on Wednesday night.  OMG!  Was that only one evening ago?  Yes. 
            So I stopped the pushups and trudged on through the rest of the run.  I didn’t even try the pullups because I’m sure I didn’t want to stress myself.  I ran up and down the steps at the university off Mother Teresa Square.  At the downhill sprint area, I thought I would see how fast I might be able to go.  Not very fast. 

            I got the bike.  As I sat on the saddle, I shifted to low gear in preparation for the steep uphill out of the parking area.  The surface of the concrete down there is totally smooth.  As I pumped my pedals and turned up the ramp, my wheels lost their grip and I slammed to the ground.  I guess I never fail to find places to get injured.  

No comments:

Post a Comment