Monday, April 20, 2015

Budva!

Date
Place of run
Long Sprint uphill
Push-ups
Long Sprint downhill
Short sprint downhill
4 flights
Duration (min)
Start time
21 Apr
Kavaja to
M. Teresa
1.25.62
25,25
1:08.48
49.71
20.93
39
7:09

           Again, an 11-day break from running.  I’ve been doing yoga to stretch my muscles.  The muscles were feeling normal today.  I wasn’t terribly sore, but as you can see, the downhill sprint was not near my goal of 60 seconds.  1:08 is, nevertheless, in the ballpark.  I anticipate that I may be able to reach the goal in the future. 
The pushups today were quite shallow.  I didn’t want to stress my tender joints.  I visited the doctor last week with a complaint of something like tennis elbow.  She said it was the opposite of tennis elbow—I feel the pain when I throw the Frisbee.  I have Ultimate elbow.  An unusual name to be sure.
           
I was delighted by the result for the sprint up the 4 flights to my apartment.  It was close to the 20-second mark, but still more than a second slower.
            This weekend, I was able to do some swimming in Budva, Montenegro.  Textbook publishers invited English teachers from Tirana to travel to Budva where they could listen to the publishers’ spiel about their books.  The water was cold, but we were able to swim for 30-40 minutes.  Throwing the Frisbee was great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment