Saturday, April 30, 2016

2-minute sprint

Date
Place of exercise
Duration (minutes)
Classic Sprint
Pull-ups
Dam Sprint
Start time
30 Apr
Park
33
53.45
5
1:57.10
08:10

          Another broken record—this time by just a bit less than a second, 89 one-hundredths. I am struck again by the enormity of fractions of a second when you are running at full speed. During the sprint, I was consciously thinking about picking up my knees and running on my toes. I probably had near perfect form for a racehorse. 

          In the middle of the run, the exact middle, I ran on across the dam that creates the artificial lake here in Tirana. I ran across the dam, and sprinted the distance back. My muscles were sore, I felt awkward, I was uncomfortable. I set the standard by which all future runs of the dam will be judged. I was running with effort; I was giving it the good ‘ol college try, but I guess you could say I was setting a standard that was made to be broken.  A two-minute sprint is nothing to be sneezed at.

No comments:

Post a Comment