Monday, April 25, 2016

sub 60 -- 54.68 full speed ahead

Date
Place of exercise
Duration (minutes)
Classic Sprint
Start time
25 Apr
Park
28
54.68
07:40


          It seems that my legs are on the mend. I write such words in such imprecise terms because I am never truly sure that things have taken a permanent turn for the better. Maybe they will revert to their days of tightness and non-agility.  In actual fact, they are not all that loose now. But yesterday, as you can see, I ran the final sprint in a totally
respectable time of just a hair over 54 and a half seconds. The great thing is that while I was sprinting, I was really giving it my all.  I was moving the legs and stretching them to their limit.  You can also see that the run was more time consuming than my run last Wednesday evening. On Wednesday, my knees were hurting. I stopped and walked for some section of the run on Wednesday.  Yesterday, Sunday morning, I ran the entire distance of my usual run and the knees did not utter a word of protest. I was quite happy later in the morning, because as my son and I walked to the movie theater, the rain was coming down quite strongly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment