Monday, May 21, 2012

another record--.31 seconds

If the final sprint time is underlined, that is a new record.
Date
Place of run
time
final sprint
sets of pullups
pushups
21 May 2012
Emmetsburg (hardware stores/Wild rose/lake)
≈ 33min.
57.91
1x13
31

I started this morning about 6:15.  This is the second personal record in a row.  I have definitely decided that my final sprint is slightly downhill.  But the new record is stil significant.  I was feeling quite good as I ran this morning and I was anticipating a new record. 
But look at the time.  It's .31 seconds faster.  A miniscual amount!  That means that I didn't just finish strong, I was really pumping it ALL THE WAY.  Think how much faster I was going than the first time I ran this sprint on April 16.  That time, I made it in 1:09.31. That's more than 11 seconds slower.  Think how far you can run in 11 seconds?  People run 100 meters in under 10 seconds.  100 meters is longer than a football field. 

Last Tuesday, I ran at our house in Panora.  My final sprint there is UPhill.  I made a personal best there of 54.80 seconds.  Thats .40 seconds faster than my previous best, achieved on April 1.  That was a bit tougher than this one I must admit.  When a person is truly sprinting, giving it EVERYTHING in their body, their legs hurt.  I throw my arms up in the air, I tear them behind me, I try to remember to run on my toes--it is a full body and mind effort.  A spinter thinks about nothing else as they are running.  The mind becomes so focused on the  effort that nothing elsa matters. Going up the hill, at the end, it feels like my legs are made of lead.  I feel like anyone who is watching (oh!  so something else does enter my mind...interesting) must think I am plodding like a toirtose, turtose, tourtose, big turtle.  I feel like I am moving at a snail's pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment