Tuesday, February 19, 2013

-18?!? Ha! Feels like -10








Words 247
          I ran quite a bit before the stairs today.  This may be the reason that I took some time on the stairs.  I glanced at the watch at the 6th floor landing and saw :21.  I knew that was a second slower than my first run up 6 flights.  I was expecting a much slower time. 
One thing that I feel satisfied about is the fact that I did NOT walk up the steps.  My legs were full of dense lead or zinc or kryptonite or something else that packs a huge amount of weight in a small area.  I stubbornly did not walk.  From the outside, it may have seemed like I was walking, but internally, I was jogging—just a bit faster than walking.
          During the entire walk DOWN to the 6th floor from the 16th, my legs were jelly.  The feeling is wearisome and luscious at the same time.  Weary, because of the uncertain, soft atmosphere of the legs; and luscious because I know that I have just done something that will make me a stronger person.
          I sweat like crazy today.  Supposedly, the temp is below 0 F, so I wore a long-sleeve t-shirt and a short-sleeve t-shirt, and I wore my wool socks on my hands.  Not even my nose was very cold today. 
          I ran near to the veterinarian were I took the cat yesterday for the operation that many male cats receive.  He did fine and he is not sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment