Sunday, May 5, 2013

geezer marathon runner?






Words 197
            Oh, yeah, baby.  Sub 1-minute.  I’m wondering how long I am going to be able to maintain this level of speed/health/fitness/whatever.  This summer, I will be traveling with the boys, sitting in a car for several hours per day. 
A cool thing is that Maxim wants to start running to get in shape for to be on a running team this fall. 
            Summer is in the short term.  I’m curious if I might be able to keep this up longer.  In A Hotel New Hampshire, John Irving has a character named Iowa Bob, who does push-ups every day when he is in his 80s.  Iowa Bob wants to stay in shape for of his life.  Am I going to be that guy?  Is the pursuit of fitness going to take over my life?  Am I going to be jogging when I’m 90?  Am I going to be the 90-year-old who runs the fastest marathon?  I think I have a pretty good take on the whole thing right now in that I don’t run EVERY day—only four days per week.  People tell me I’m skinny, but I eat quite a bit, and I don’t feel unhealthy at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment