Thursday, July 4, 2013

birds singing along the river







Words 194
            A long run today.  My legs were hurting at times…I even walked a bit.  I ran along the road about 3 miles to the trail that goes along the river.  When I arrived at the river, the trail was the most beautiful, comfortable place I have ever run.
Trees all over, birds singing, gentle breeze blowing.  What could be better?  But the run TO the river was annoying.  I found a path through my sister’s neighborhood that avoided some of the road.  The shoulder was wide, so I was not in any danger, but the fumes were terrible.
            Rusty, Pete and I ate at the Zombie Burger.  Terrifically typically modern place.  Deep fried and greasy.  I ordered a false meat burger, and it was edible.  Rusty and I shared fried Brussels sprouts.  So, you can find quasi-healthy food there.  It was fun.  Rusty tried to convince Pete to run for Grassley’s senate seat the next time he comes up for re-election.  He said Pete knows more people than anyone he knows.  As we walked around the capital grounds before the fireworks, I saw the he was right.  No less than 8 people recognized Pete.


No comments:

Post a Comment