Monday, September 23, 2013

I forgot!!!








Words: 218; pics and video
            I forgot to run yesterday!  I guess the marathon did a number on me.  Actually, I didn’t forget completely.  I remembered about 10 minutes before I had to leave the apartment for a lesson.  After the class, I had a trial lesson at the Native Speakers Club office.  Right outside, they had the streets closed in honor of a “Day Without Cars”.  A great idea.
They had the some of the same streets closed that were closed last week for the marathon.  My boys said they did the same thing in Tirana yesterday.  How cool!  Then I walked an hour home.  I love the way things are so close here.  I guess that means that things are close everywhere if you have the exquisite luxury of the time it takes to walk. 
            Rain, rain, rain. The sun has not shown for more than 10 minutes during the last 3 weeks.  I guess if this is the way the weather is going to stay, I don’t mind working all the time.
            I took a job yesterday on Saturday and Sunday—about an hour outside of town.  I’m not sure if I’m going to like it, but it should be profitable.

            Here is some video of a couple guys on bikes doing stunts in the middle of the closed street:





            Here are some pictures of a life-sized Angry Birds game:







No comments:

Post a Comment