Thursday, September 12, 2013

Over the hump






Words 304 and pic of route
            A break thru.  Last night, I slept for 7 hours with only one interruption—and I DIDN’T have to go into the kitchen and drink tea.  I coughed a bit, but fell back into a peaceful slumber without trouble.  As you can see below, I ran the 5 miles in my former style of running faster throughout and finishing with the quickest mile.
The second mile was hampered by the necessity to wait at traffic lights.  The last mile would probably have been quicker, but one below-street walkway absurdly did not have an outlet to the intersection that I needed, so I had to prance around a bit, surveying the situation and re-orientating myself, before going below again and retracing my route. 
            My training regime called for a 40-minute run today.  I decided on 5 miles, and came very close to 40 minutes.  When compared to the run on the 20th of August, there are obvious deficiencies.  I must say that today was a slow run and the 20th was a ‘hard’ run.  The great thing about it is that I am getting over my illness.  During the run, I endured several coughing fits, and at the end, I hacked up and spit out generous amounts of nasty, but I felt fine.  I believe my stubbornness (continuing to run) and my potentially self-jeopardizing behaviour (refusing to go to a doctor who would probably prescribe 10 days of bed rest) will prove not lethal. 

12 Sept
    1    8:12
    2    8:17
    3    8:13
    4    8:08
    5    7:47
         8:08





20-Aug
1
08:07
2
07:54
3
07:49
4
07:45
5
07:40
                   07:54




 Here is an enriched map of the marathon route through Moscow: (remember to click on it to see a enlargement.)  

You can find the original here.  Click on this link to read all the in: 
http://moscowmarathon.org/site/assets/files/1120/moscowmarathon_route.png



No comments:

Post a Comment