Wednesday, September 4, 2013

running sick







Words 147

            Since my return to Moscow on Saturday, I have been sleeping, drinking tea with lemon, and coughing. I wear a sweater for awhile, then add a sweatshirt, after 10 minutes, I'd strip all that off down to a t-shirt.  I went to bed last night hoping I would wake up healthy.
After a restless night, I threw off the sheet and blanket at 6:00 and went downstairs. As I ate an orange, I decided I didn't feel too bad and that I could go for a run. Although my training program demanded that I run 18 miles, my poor health convinced me to take it easy. So...I ran 8 miles.  I felt fine.
            I’ve heard about runners who have the flu running in races.  It is definitely a possibility.  Once I get on the road and start moving, my body keeps up the pace and won’t back down.


02-Sep
1
8:05
2
8:13
3
8:21
4
8:24
5
8:34
6
8:35
7
8:08
8
7:32
8:17

No comments:

Post a Comment