Thursday, February 13, 2014

Jan 27, 28 High water pants


Date
Celsius °
(C*9/5)+32=F
Place of run
Duration
start time

3 laps on the stairs (up and down)
weather
27 Jan
≈ -13
Moscow, Russia
≈ 15 minutes
8:50
overcast


Words: 86

            My right foot is injured so I am not running.  It just coincides with the cold weather here so the decision not to run was easy.  I am walking slowly, taking the bus and NOT walking up and down the escalators.  Yesterday, I felt that the foot was getting better, so I decided to do some walking up and down the stairs.
            I felt I needed some exercise and I also felt that I need some juice in my spirit.  Lazing around does not suit me.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date
Celsius °
(C*9/5)+32=F
Place of run
Duration
start time

4 laps on the stairs (up and down)
weather
28 Jan
≈ -15
Moscow, Russia

9:20
sunny


 Words:  328

I completed four laps up and down the stairs today. My foot feels much better, nearly painless. I don't want to push it, though. I would hate to have all this rest time go for naught because I go running too soon.

Last night I asked my Natasha, the other English teacher at the company where I work, how long my pants should be.  She answered as I expected that they should reach to the top of the sole. My pants (last night, and right now) were/are about one inch too short.

I asked Natasha what pants of this length say about the wearer.  First she said, "it says that he is curious or unconventional." I liked that.
  
I said, "Yes, agreed. That's OK.  Go on..."

"Well..." she pauses here.

"Go on. Go on. I can take it. Give me the whole story."

"Well, you are from the '80s or 90s."

Before she could add more, I jumped in with, "OK! I'm fine with that. Unconventional...80s or 90s...that's me alright."

A few minutes later, we were on a trolleybus and I noticed a whole bunch of my ankle showing. I asked again because I thought there might be more to the story. Pointing to the exposed black sock, which I had bought in Iowa (so I wouldn't run the risk of a double tragedy--high water pants AND white socks), I said, "So these pants should be a bit lower, yes."

She told about a comedian in the 80s who played a man who comes to the city from the country with pants too short. THIS time she used words like "ridiculous" to describe the pants.


I brushed it away saying that I simply didn't want to BUY any more clothes.  We closed that part of our discussion with her saying that until I brought it up, she hadn't noticed. So there...I will let my sparkling personality carry the conversation in directions away from my (un)intentional wardrobe miscalculations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment