Friday, October 19, 2012

Arnold Swartz…Arnold Swartsen...Arnold Swartzegg...The Terminator


  I found the small-diameter pull-up bar for the third time, and now I know EXACTLY where it is.  I stumbled across it the first time and thought it was on the south side of the street.  I went looking again one day, looked all over without success.  Looked another day, turned to
the right and violá! there it was.  Unfortunately, while I’m running, I go by things too quickly to become firm on the locations.  Therefore, I lost track of it again.  Today, however, I took off on a new route, following #80 bus line (which I am still looking for the end point of).  I ran by the small soccer pitches that I pass on the way to my private students’ house, turned to the right and found it.  The orientation is completely backwards from my original feelings, but now I know.
I have added an * to the pull-ups that involve the thin bar.  Why?  Well, I feel like I am cheating.  It is so easy to pump off a heap of reps here that I’m not sure Arnold Swartz…Arnold Swartsen...Arnold Swartzegg...The Terminator would give me credit.  I’m also getting pretty good at using my body momentum to throw myself upwards.  Maybe I will indicate somehow when I do pull-ups with no ”body-boosting.”
I received an invitation the other day from my brother.  He is hosting a party at his house to celebrate their foreign exchange student’s birthday.  At the same time, the runners in Des Moines marathon are going to pass by their house.  I feel like I could easily do another marathon right now.  I would LOVE to carry my cell phone in the race, and call the house when I am getting close.  I have a huge family that would cheer mightily when I came by.
For a story about feelings that are inspired by seeing loved ones while running a marathon, go here:  http://jamesmartinswritings.blogspot.com/2009/02/marathon.html




No comments:

Post a Comment