Saturday, October 20, 2012

"flip around"




I ran today in the late afternoon.  It was probably the prettiest day of my entire stay in Russia this year.  I ran to jumpstart my mood and interest today.  I ran very quickly most of the time.  I ran by two high bars where I could attempt a flip around.  To do what I call a ‘flip around,’ as I pull up, I swing my feet
forward and up over the bar. It’s a bit of a gymnastics move, and I’m sure it has a proper name, but I don’t know it.  Take a look my stick person below:



I first became aware that this move was possible in 1992, in St. Petersburg.  I went jogging with a friend there and I told him about doing pull-ups.  He was a former gymnast and he showed me this move.  I couldn’t do it at the time, but I made myself a goal of being able to do it by the end of the summer.  Success!
I added a # to some of the sets of pull-ups. I have decided that the ‘body boosting’ or momentum building that I do with pull-ups might be giving me an extra advantage. Therefore, I will distinguish between the boosting pull-ups and the static pull-ups.



No comments:

Post a Comment