Friday, November 9, 2012

rain



I held back on the sprint at the beginning.  I put out only 90% instead of 150% until I was near the finish.  It felt faster.  I wasn’t picking up pillars of lead at the end, but the result was not as fast as an earlier time.
I ran this time at night again.
The rain had been absent for several hours, so the pavement was 50% dry.  I wanted to get the run out of the way so I didn’t have to run in the morning.  I had my first meeting with a new student downtown in the morning.  A pleasant 90-minute, $50-an-hour lesson.
Maybe it is because I spent the summer in the middle of a drought in Iowa, but it seems that I have never been in a place that gets so much rain.  It rains a lot in the spring in Albania, but there, it will rain for 20 minutes and then stop for an hour.  There have been times here when it has rained steadily for 14 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment