Saturday, April 6, 2013

it wasn't a fluke









Words 236
            The snow and ice are gone from the sidewalks—only water here and there.  Now the workers are throwing the snow around so it will melt faster.  A terrific run today.  I broke 1 minute by 13 one-hundredths.  I was beginning to worry that I may have pushed the buttons on my watch incorrectly, and accidentally gave myself an undeserved record. 
Today’s result shows that I am capable of grand high achievements. 
            I may have hurt myself by holding my watch a couple seconds before the finish.  That may have added some time.  I may even have slowed down.  Since I made it faster than 1:01, I didn’t have to do all 16 flights of stairs.  This bonus let me climb the 6 flights faster, and set my record for this time by .27 seconds.
            Unfortunately, they sell the monthly passes at the pool for only a limited time, and we didn’t know this.  We didn’t go to buy our pass during this period, so they won’t get our membership.  This shows a huge difference between Russia and the US.  They don’t seem to care too much about making money.  I guess if it’s not their business, they don’t much care. Why not sell us a pass that will allow us to visit each of the four Saturdays in April?  Who are we hurting because we didn’t buy the membership during the right time?  Who knows?
           

No comments:

Post a Comment