Monday, December 23, 2013

A NEW RECORD!!! and a matroshka







Words:  146

            A record today!!  When I began, I thought, “Yeah, I feel good.  Maybe I’ll break the record.”  This was after I had run to the bank and back, so I was plenty warmed up.  I remembered back to the day I broke 1:10.  On that day, I hadn’t started out particularly fast, but also didn’t slow down. 
I simply kept a consistent speed.  I worried today because by the time I finished, my legs were leaden and I could barely lift them.  My feet were bouncing errantly off the steps, and I clumsily touched the buttons on my watch.  I was quite happy when I saw my efforts were rewarded with a new record.  I can’t remember if I set a goal for myself. Let’s say, 1:00 even.  Ahhhhh! 

            This weekend, I picked up a cool Christmas present for Dad and the rest of the family.



            
This proves I'm not a narcissist--if there was any question before.  Would a narcissist spend $750 on a 2 1/2 inch doll of himself?   



No comments:

Post a Comment