Saturday, December 7, 2013

Stair record









Words:  280

7 Dec
            Ran to dynamic meditation today.  The weather was cold, but not terribly cold.  Not even cold enough to make sure that everything stayed frozen.  Things were a bit wet, but not so wet that my shoes became disgusting.  I did a lot of stretching this morning, and some push-ups. 
I’m not sure, but I kind of felt like I was breaking some unwritten (or possibly written in the clouds) rule about doing serious exercise during ‘meditation.’  At any rate, I am comfortable with the place now.  I don’t have inhibitions to yelling loudly and acting like a lunatic. 


            When I returned from meditation, I literally FLEW up the 16 flights of stairs.  I didn’t THINK I was on a record pace, but isn’t that how it always is?  Something comes when you don’t expect it.  There was little hint of smoke in the stairwell, and maybe the meditation craziness got my blood flowing nicely and I held onto that feeling all the way home.  As I was climbing, I didn’t consciously slow down, and I my legs didn’t feel like they were worn out.  I kept pushing. 
            I should probably set an outlandish goal for myself.  Maybe I will climb the stairs in 60 seconds.  That’s nearly 10 seconds faster than I have achieved so far.  Without lofty goals, no one will capture greatness.

            As the avid reader of this blog will notice, I get many times for running up the escalator.  At least once a day, sometimes twice—or even three times. Not long ago, I wrote about climbing the escalator two steps at a time.  I am doing this every time now and my results are great.  

No comments:

Post a Comment