Tuesday, December 11, 2012

frozen hands








142 words; 1 picture
The coldest day so far.  My hands were truly stinging and frozen.  I think I will have to get some leather gloves or something.  The leather mittens I used to wear on the farm would probably do nicely.  My hands were so cold that they pull-ups were totally uncomfortable; I didn’t do many.

The hillsides along my route are packed snow now.  Terrific sledding places for all the kids around.  The sun shining really wakes up the city.  It’s 10:45 and the sun only just now reaching over the top of the 30-storey apartments.  With the sun at this angle, the buildings all look new and clean, and the smoke stacks look fresh, as if they are adding cumulus clouds to the sky.  They are very near us, but there is nothing between us and them so they are in plain sight.

From our balcony

No comments:

Post a Comment