Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Who says war, famine, and disease are bad things?





Words 243
            Another run with Ethan.  I like partners who are always ready and malleable to the way things have to be.  We started the day with a 5-hour kayak trip, then a bike ride…  At 5:30, I asked him if he wanted to run. 
            “Well, yah.”
            “I was thinking we should do that this evening.”
            “Did you want to do that before or after supper?”  Supper had just been called one minute earlier.

            “Well, I guess before.”  Of course before because we can’t run on full stomachs.
            We ran a short run—20 minutes out.  I kept up and we chit chatted all the time about everything from running shoes to divorce to Napoleon to the US Medical system.  Who says war, famine, and disease are bad things?
            I’m not sure if Ethan noticed, but near the end, I began to sprint. He was running alongside until I insisted that he run as fast as he can.  Yes, I still cannot run quickly.  It’s still true that the only person I can beat in a sprint race is me.
            I’ve been told that people don’t want to ‘cover’ me during a game of Ultimate Frisbee only once.  The reason was only because I run ALL THE TIME.  I don’t run fast, just consistently.  I run into the most trouble when I am up against people who can not only sprint, but also run most of the time (rather than laze around on the laurels). 


No comments:

Post a Comment