Monday, December 8, 2014

a brush-by on the road to happiness


Date
Place
Duration 
Pull-ups
Push-Ups
Long sprint downhill
Time
7 Dec
Kavaja
36 min
15
25,25
59:37
10:19


     Today, I experienced something unusual, although it seems that it should happen often.  I had to alter my speed and track because of pedestrians.  Unluckily, it was in the middle of my sprint.  As I approached congestion, I said/yelled, “Ha!” something like I used to yell as a young person to cattle that I wanted to walk through a gate that I had opened for them. 
This time, as often happened with the cattle, exactly nothing happened.  Closer and closer I came, and I moved to the far left edge of the sidewalk.  I slowed a bit and gently touched the man on both shoulders as I skimmed my way around the blob of sidewalk blockers.  
     He may have wanted to shout at me for interrupting his movements.  He may have wanted to apologize for, through no fault of his own, being in my way.  He may have been quite surprised to be suddenly touched without warning by another human.  Whatever he may have wanted to do, he did not have the opportunity.  I was past and gone, running as quickly as I could.  Maybe I was going VERY fast, I don’t know.  But several seconds before the brush-by, a young girl was pulled out of harm’s way by her guardian as I approached.  I did not come anywhere near that youngster.  

     As can be seen above, I achieved my goal of 60 seconds with a luxurious .23 hundredths of a second to spare.  Certainly, this victory was due to the fact that AFTER the brush-by, I put 145% effort into the remainder of the distance.   

No comments:

Post a Comment