Tuesday, December 23, 2014

bicycle repair and shocking behavior


Date
Place
Duration 
short sprint  downhill
4 flights
Time
20 Dec
Rruga Kavaja
30 min
40.83
21.35
08:06

Date
Place
Duration 
Pull-ups
Classic Sprint
Long sprint downhill
short sprint  downhill
4 flights
Time
22 Dec
apt. to apt.
41 min
17,11,15
52.27
1:01.15
35.46
20.27
09:03

     On the 20th, I ran with my knee in ‘not terrible’ condition.  I didn’t want to push it, though, so the sprints were few that day.  My longest sprint was the shortest of the three Kavaja median sprints, and my result was objectively pathetic, but when one considers the ginger state of my knee, I’m okay.  


     The 22nd was the first day in about a week when I ran at very nearly full-speed.  It was a fine run, while carrying a small vise-grips.  I went to the boys’ place on a mission to do a bit of repair to their bikes.  As you can see, I did a fair amount of pull-ups and I completed the classic sprint up the hill in the park.  The time was not excellent, but not a tragedy, either.  By the time I got around to the long downhill, median sprint, I was worried about my legs.  As I ran, I didn’t put everything into the effort, and actually thought about the damage that might be done.  These thoughts surely hindered my time.  At one point, I consciously rose to run on my toes (something I should have been doing from the start) and expended maximum effort.  Even the breezy feelings at the end couldn’t make up for the poor start, and I finished just a bit more than a second worse than my goal.  The punishment for such shocking behavior is the added sprint down the short median.  

     As is evidenced by a perusal of the last two sprint tables above, I finished the short sprint more than 5 seconds faster than last time.  Yes, it’s not saying much, but still something.

No comments:

Post a Comment