Wednesday, December 17, 2014

flapping shoe Hobbit

Date
Place
Duration 
Pull-ups
Long sprint uphill
4 flights
Time
15 Dec
Apt to Apt
42 min
15
1:14.98
21.40
07:04

 I’m staying at the boys’ apartment while their mother is out of the country.  Yesterday, I ran to my place to get some clothes.  It was an effort.  I have a hamstring that has been tapping me on the shoulder now and then to say, “I’m feeling stressed,” so I didn’t push it too much.  I stayed away from the Kavaja street medians on the trip TO the apartment. 
As I was leaving, however, muscle memory forced my body toward them.  As you can see above, I ran the longest median uphill.  

     My time was more than 7 seconds slower than the previous worst.  The reasons are many: I was carrying a bag, which disrupted the balance, I am still feeling effects of last week’s frisbee game, and my mental state was poor.  I began the sprint feeling I was plodding along.  Things got worse.
      I often feel during the later stages of the sprint that I am moving terribly slowly. I imagine that people around me are gawking like people who can’t take their eyes away from a train wreck. Today, at least, it was true.  I was, in fact, running like a train with square wheels (wether anyone noticed is doubtful).  I’m sure I looked like a Hobbit—short, frumpy, ludicrously attired with a curious foot that attracted attention, and carrying a bag of food for second breakfast.  During the sprint I felt the sole on one of my shoes flapping against the upper part.  I hadn’t even realized it had separated.  Now, I guess, it is time to retire the shoes.  I mentioned here earlier that they have enough holes to confuse a mouse in a maze, but now they are shot. 


     I had been living the high life with TWO pair of running shoes.  But as you can see from the pictures below, now it is obvious that one pair belongs in the garbage.


    

I don't remember which of these shoes I wore to run the Moscow marathon last year.







No comments:

Post a Comment