Sunday, December 7, 2014

Bang-on 1 minute


Date
Place
Duration 
Pull-ups
Long sprint downhill
Time
6 Dec
Kavaja
32 min
15
1:00.00
09:20


     Rain, rain, rain.  I haven’t often gone running in the full-out rain, but today was one of those times.  A remarkable part of this run was the time for the run-ending sprint.  EXACTLY 60 seconds. 
I love to see zeros in the results and here were four!  My goal is 1 minute, and if I achieve something better than the goal, I give myself the opportunity to stop running and walk back to my apartment.  This time, I had not beat the goal, but scored a smack-on equivalency.  The truth is that I was not thinking exactly about the ending marker and I took as many as three steps PAST the marker (a post the has a blue picture of a cross walk) before I stopped the timer.  So…in actual fact, I didn’t get bang-on one minute, but it’s still cool. Also, I gave myself the benefit of walking the rest of the way.  BUT…I didn’t walk the rest of the way because the rain was coming down quite vigorously by then.  



No comments:

Post a Comment