Saturday, May 21, 2016

the curse of a fine result

Date
Place of exercise
Duration (minutes)
Classic Sprint
Pull-ups
Dam Sprint
Start time
21 May
park
39
50.28

1:42.53
07:28

          So the dam run was terrific today. I didn’t start with great vim, I was simply running quickly. I felt great as I glided down the concrete, doing a bit of weaving around walkers. The result?
Faster than even the fast time that two days ago, I said was due to a mistaken ending point. Now, I have eclipsed that fast time. I am at the conundrum of happiness that I have achieved a better result, but also that every run in the future will be measured against this great accomplishment.  That means I really have to bust my ass every time in order to maintain this level. 

          This maintenance is seen during the classic sprint. I do my best. Today, I missed the sub 50 second mark by 28 hundredths. Still some fine running, though. Less than I month ago, I was longing for the days when I could move my legs to the limit of their ability. Now, I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment