Thursday, June 16, 2016

June 16; Ugh!

Date
Place of exercise
Duration (minutes)
123 steps(s)
400 meters quarter mile(s)
Start time
16 June
Orlyonok-Орлёнок
52
30.57
1:15.70
07:19

           Someone said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and getting the same result over and over, all the time expecting to get a different result (or something like that…maybe it was Einstein). 

          AGAIN, less than a second too slow. I got up today feeling quite hungry. I had eaten all fruit I bought last week, so I had nothing to quiet my stomach—and to give me a bit of energy. I was feeling good, though, and decided to run to the front gate, and across the road to the fruit shop. I ate one pear during the walk to the track and I was all set.
          At the half-way point, I looked down to see 36 seconds. For some reason, I put on a burst of speed. I could actually have slowed down. By the time I finished, my body was feeling unstable and I even felt like I was going to fall. My steps were unsteady.  Why couldn’t I have simply put a final push at the end? I consciously considered running a hair faster…I thought about imagining a person beside me.
          This is all a mental game now. I must admit that it’s interesting to play such games with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment