Friday, May 30, 2014

Conchita Wurst Eurovision Champion

Date
Celsius °
(C*9/5)+32=F
Place of run
Duration (min)
start time
27 May
≈ 20
Nizhenskaya,Moscow,
≈35
05:49


Words: 178

            I ran along a river nearby.  I didn’t do any sprints because I want to give my legs and all some more healing. 
            99% of the time I’m running, I’m listening to something on my iPod.  Sometimes, I think that I am missing out on nature.  Today, while listening to Sarah Jones give a TED talk that sounds more like a stand-up routine.  I guess there were enough breaks in the talk that I heard the frogs and birds.  How lovely!  They were all around me, and their lustful exaltations were invigorating. 
            Sunday night in Gorky Park, I heard a bird singing and chattering.  He sounded like a teen ager trying to disrupt history class in the back of the room.



30 May 

Russia often gets labeled as a place without tolerance for such things as homosexuality and cross-dressing. Each year there is a Euro-vision song contest. Each country is allowed to entered one person or group. This spring at least one member of the Russian parliament wanted the Russian entrant NOT to perform because they would be sharing the stage with a flagrant cross-dresser from Austria.  This MP said they shouldn't show acceptance of the degradation of society, etc.

The criticism of the Russian government is often well-founded.

_5304395.html

You can see a video of this person here:

I am searching for a way to describe my feelings concerning the impression this unique person has on me. …I support her right to do as s/he pleases.




As far as Russia is concerned, today in the Moscow Times was the this picture of men showing their solidarity with the wo/man:


So it just shows you the you can never judge a country by a few, or even by the masses.


No comments:

Post a Comment