Sunday, May 18, 2014

Muscle memory

Date
Celsius °
(C*9/5)+32=F
Place of run
Duration (min)
start time
One inside loop
9 flights (sec)
Escalator (sec)
17 May
≈ 13
Nizhenskaya,Moscow,
≈34
06:49
1:20.10
34.22
48.21

Words:  178
            As I ran the final loop, I consciously swung my arms back and forth.  But at the same time, I have no memory of running on my toes.  It takes practice to bring it all together.  I think I have to specifically THINK about doing something often enough until it becomes habit, then I’ll do it by muscle memory like playing the guitar (which I know a bit about), or typing (which I can do very well).



            Vinny T. will see from the details above that I have a time for the escalator.  I went to the area of my former apartment and charged up the moving steps again.  At the beginning, I thought, “How lovely this feels!  Some weeks NOT running the escalator has energized my leg muscles.”  I wouldn’t be so sure.  By the time I reached the top, my legs were screaming. When I finished, I was heaving and huffing.  Actually, I can remember writing once that when I finished running up the escalator, I am breathing hard enough to blowout a blow torch.  Definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment