Saturday, September 8, 2012

a whisker




I didn’t get the 21 pull-ups I was going for this morning.  I got 20 and 3/4 of a chin.  I feel like I should have done it.   The last millimeter is the toughest.  After the 20th, I should have hung there and thought, “This is IT.  Put all you’ve got, more than you’ve got into this last pull-up.”
 I would have flown up and over the bar.  My arms were sapped out pieces of rubber.  I got to the unfinished door frame where I do my first set up pull-ups in the park, and I did 5.
I walked down the hill and had a mental argument about doing a sprint at the beginning of the run.  I decided to do it. The problem was not that I couldn’t get going…I did that well and we flying along on my toes.  The problem is the uneven pavement.  I’ll be strumming along and then the bottom will drop out and I will have to alter my stride a bit.  It’s disconcerting enough to be a distraction that takes at least .5 of a second to recover from.
I got between 48.19 and 48.92 on the last 4 sprints.  Apparently, 48 is my usual top speed right now.  After the first sprint, my hamstrings ached, my arms were sore, and even my neck was feeling tight.  That’s what I would call a full body response.

No comments:

Post a Comment