Saturday, September 29, 2012

picking up the knees




I had my first private lesson today.  I ran there in 15 minutes.  We talked for 90 minutes, I took $33 and then I ran some more.  My student described how he had been on a
rugby team near here of 2 years.  He told about eating 7 meals each day because he did so much physical exercise.  Next time, he will show me on a map where a swimming pool is.  I will probably need to swim in the winter because there will be too much ice and snow to go running.
As I’ve been running lately, I’ve been going slowly.  I’ve been trudging along, even.  My footsteps, it seems, make a scraping as they touch the pavement.  A couple times as I was running, I consciously picked my knees up and it felt better.  It wasn’t long, however, before I noticed that I was again scraping.  I need to end this behaviour.

No comments:

Post a Comment