Sunday, September 16, 2012

Embassy push-ups




A problem with running in a new city is the possibility that one might get lost; and in a city as big as Moscow, you could get lost for days.  Luckily, I was able to ask where to go and I wasn’t out there terribly long.  Some of my push-ups came on a level raised above the sidewalk
about 4 feet.  I walked up there because I didn’t want to be so obvious to passersby.  As I was pushing, a policeman came up and told me that I should not be there because it was an embassy.  I noticed a faded, torn flag as I arrived; I think it might have been the flag of Spain.  Luckily, he wasn’t far bent out of shape.  After I finished, I offered my hand and thanked him.  We shook and I went on my way.
I haven’t written much about the actually running lately because there are so many other things to occupy my mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment