Saturday, March 30, 2013

2 seconds!!











Words 164
          I started the swim at 10:34.  I thought, “Hmmm…if I do this is under 26 minutes, I will finish before 11:00.  Always good to have round numbers involved.  During the first 50 meters, I needed to stop and adjust my goggles because they were leaking.  
During the 2nd 50 meters, I had to thread the needle between two other female swimmers who had entered the lane in the middle of the pool and they were swimming side by side.  So, I moved to the next lane.  All of this maneuvering must have taken some time.  But…when I go to the halfway mark, I had used up on only 13:17.  If I was going to break 26 minutes, I would have to swim the 2nd half, not only under 13 minutes, but under 12 min. 43 seconds.  I thought I was a nice dream, but not realistic. 
          What an amazing result when I saw that I missed breaking the 26-minute mark by 2 seconds!!  Wow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment