Sunday, March 3, 2013

waste





    


Words 172
      I’m not sure how I swam the first 50 meters so quickly, but I guess it was because my arms, etc. weren’t tired.  Each sprint after was slower—not hard to understand.  I swim back and forth 3 or 4 times as I’m swimming.  Then I take it easy once or twice,
maybe do half a lap with the back stroke or the breast stroke.  Then do another 50 meter sprint.  It’s fun.
          Today was the second day in my life when I have gone swimming outside in the snow.  Very cool.  But I cannot imagine the huge expense that must be wasted in the effort to heat all this water in this freezing weather.  The terrible extravagance is unconscionable.  Why do I take part?  Well, everyone has their own faults.  I usually hate it when I hear people say something like, “Well, if I didn’t do it, someone else would.”  This time, I cannot hope to take on the Russian bureaucracy especially as a foreigner who speaks the language only poorly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment