Friday, January 25, 2013

6-lane street









Words 218
About 2 tenths of a second slower than the record on the mid-run sprint.  About 80% of the sprint pavement was snow and ice-free; therefore, I had some good traction.  At one point, where the ice has melted and then froze again, I felt my feet slip.  I’m sure I lost a tenth of a second or so at that point.  I’m pretty sure I will continue to achieve faster times because as I am running now, I stress the arms AND legs to a very high level.  It’s fun.

Early in my route is a 6-lane street that has a crosswalk.  The seconds before the light switches is displayed.  Nearing the street, I looked up and noticed that a bus was stopped; then I saw that I had about 20 seconds before the light switched.  If I didn’t make it, I would have to wait for 60 seconds.  I sped up, clearing my throat so the pedestrians wouldn’t be shocked when skirted past them.  I entered the street with 3 seconds left and made it to the other side easily.  I wonder what drivers who have seen me on different days are thinking.  Probably not too much, because as I have discovered meeting Alexei and Lena, there ARE other people who run in the cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment